Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Kwell and a Cuppa

We were sad to say goodbye to the now familiar row of terrace houses but alas the city was calling us back. Gemma and Beth left first, loaded with rubbish, recycling and luggage. Amy would be taking mum, dad and myself and we would be leaving the boys, Peter, Matt and Craig to do a final tidy up.

We piled into the Fiat, and on our way to Dundalk to visit Catherine and Brent. I've been reliably informed that the local townsfolk are not referred to as Dundorkians - I for one think this is a great shame!

There was a spot of rain as we drove out of County Donegal - but along with the rain - a promise of not too much rain:

Not being used to roads with bends in them since moving to the country, I popped a Kwell anti-motion sickness tablet which had me basically unconscious for the next two hours. I've been reliably informed I missed some beautiful countryside.

We ended up meeting Catherine and Brent at Catherine's parents, Peter and Chris, just outside Dundalk, at Ballymascanlon House Hotel. We enjoyed a great little catch up and we were very thankful that Amy was able to take us to visit our Hoppers Crossing friends.
We made good time back to Claremont and met again our fellow travellers. I may or may not have had another nanna nap - thanks to the flow on affects of Mr Kwell.



No comments:

Post a Comment