Friday, March 18, 2016

Schrodinger's Cat

Exploring the local area I went for a walk navigating back roads I walked across to Bull Island, known as being a habitat for migratory birds. There were many people and lots of dogs and even some shells along the beach. 




 I did spot a number of birds:

Grey Heron
Sandpipers
Mallard
A local curiosity was the the carpark on the beach where the cars are protected by an almost impenetrable granite wall. Hopefully they escape the rising tide.


Walking back toward Clontarf this sign had me somewhat perplexed? Was I meant to stop or give way or perhaps just slow down? I'm still confused.











Venturing towards St Anne's Park, a huge public park, I stumbled (in a metaphorical sense rather than a literal one) through a lush garden with the sound of children playing on the playground and birds singing in the trees.


The National Rose Garden was clearly on holidays...


While the spring bulbs popped up all over the place.


Towards the end of the 12km circuit I spotted this little guy - a gold finch.


It also turns out we're staying in a pretty famous street! Only a few doors up from us Erwin Schrodinger lived. I thought that was pretty cool - I kept an eye out for his cat - but so far there have been no sightings!


Later Craig's friends who had flown in from Australia, Manchester and Spain for some big event happening in the next few days, put their #craimy beanies on and headed into town for dinner with some other mates. Dad got home before 12am but the others were a bit later arriving home at 6ish.

Matt took his best man duties to heart and had #craimy beanies and Curly's Last Stand jumpers made for the occasion!

Front Row (L-R): Rhianna, Lizzie, Georgia. Middle Row: David, Matt and Ally. Back Row: Liam and Craig.






1 comment: