Tuesday, March 8, 2016

We made it...to the airport!

Having found my passport in the box suitably labelled, "Important Stuff" i hastily packed the car with my box of shoes, and laundry basket full of clothes. It was 45C in the shade in Kerang and it was time for this trip to start! And what better way to get to Melbourne then to put the car into 5th gear and go flat chat down the highway, stopping only briefly to take a picture of the spectacular sunset.



After a muggy night in Melbourne the parental units and I chatted to Craimy on FaceTime where we heard all about Craig's Crafternooning adventures putting the finishing touches on wedding decorations. We also discussed my upcoming performance at the blessed event. Amy put on a brave face when I asked whether I could sing the song in the style of Bob Dylan. I think she thought I was joking!!

Following the prerequisite last minute JB Hi-Fi dash for SD cards we caught up with the local neighbours. Everybody needs good neighbours, with a little understanding you can find the perfect blend...of Moet! 


I spent the rest of the afternoon finishing off some transcription work (long overdue so sorry Maria!) oh and I finally packed my bag - I even had room for two of Craig's textbooks - thank you vacuum bags. Our personal chauffeur arrived, aka Linz, and a last minute change of vehicles saw the masses of luggage safely ensconced in the Camry. 


I rescued mum and dad from almost being checked through to Glascow with another party of Stewarts (apparently there are more of us out there!! Be warned!) We were treated to a spectacular sunset, perhaps the last glimpse of the sun we will see for many weeks - so we soaked it up with our ocular orbs. Now we're at Gate 11 and are currently being entertained by the airport activity - and free wifi, okay mostly the free wifi!  



1 comment: